Easy Key Lime Pie is simply the best Key Lime pie ever! It’s the perfect dessert for spring and summer.
Cool, creamy, refreshing, not too tart and not too sweet! This would be a great dessert to treat your mom on Mother’s Day.
Try our favorite Homemade Coconut Cream Pie recipe!
Easy Key Lime Pie
Seriously it doesn’t get much easier than this pie recipe! The most time-consuming part is squeezing those little key limes. It usually takes about 17-18 key limes for me to produce a 3/4 cup of juice.
I beg of you to use fresh key lime juice, it makes all the difference in this pie. Most grocery stores carry fresh key limes. You ‘can’ use regular limes or bottled key lime juice but I can’t guarantee the taste results.
You ‘can’ use regular limes or bottled key lime juice but I can’t guarantee the taste results.
Ok, so you know the drill on preparing a homemade graham cracker crust, right?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until moist and combined. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes.
Of course, if you would like to skip this and use a store-bought pie crust go right ahead.
Check out our easy Fresh Strawberry Pie!
While the crust is baking, combine the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime zest, and fresh lime juice until smooth.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until tiny bubbles start to form on the surface. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Our No Bake Cookies and Cream Pie recipe is always a hit too!
When ready to serve whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until it forms stiff peaks. Garnish as desired.
Serve and enjoy this delightful, super easy key lime pie!
Key Lime Pie Recipe
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2- 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh key lime juice (about 15-20 key limes)
- zest from 2 key limes
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix until combined. Press crumbs into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes at 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime juice, and key lime zest until smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes, until tiny bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Place pie on a wire rack to cool. Once cool chill for at least 3 hours.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread the whipped cream on top of chilled pie as desired. Garnish with additional key lime zest.