Easy Key Lime Pie (Eggless)
This Easy Key Lime Pie recipe is cool, creamy, refreshing, not too tart, and not too sweet! It’s the perfect dessert for spring and summer.
Why You’ll Love This
This would be a great dessert to treat your mom on Mother’s Day or for a crowd-pleasing Easter dessert.
Seriously it doesn’t get much easier than this pie recipe!
A few simple ingredients are whisked together and poured into the crust, and baked for about 10 minutes.
The most time-consuming part is squeezing those little key limes. It usually takes about 17-18 Key limes for me to produce a 3/4 cup of juice.
This Key Lime pie receives rave reviews every time I serve it to my guests.
Some of our other favorite pie recipes to make are Coconut Cream Pie, Blueberry Pie, Butterfinger Pie, and Strawberry Pie.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
- Key Lime Juice – Key limes are tarter than regular Persian limes, giving this pie much more flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – The condensed milk is what makes this pie set up without using eggs. You will need two 14-ounce cans.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream adds a rich, thick texture and a little tangy flavor to the pie.
- Graham Cracker Crust – A homemade graham cracker crust is super easy to make, but you can also use a store-bought pie crust.
- Whipped Cream – Use our homemade whipped cream or store-bought.
Easy Key Lime Pie
Ok, so you know the drill for preparing a homemade graham cracker crust, right?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until moist and combined. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes.
In a large bowl, stir the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime zest, and fresh lime juice until smooth.
Pour the Key lime pie filling into the prepared graham cracker crust.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until tiny bubbles start to form on the surface. Remove and cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Chill for at least 3 hours before serving; overnight is best.
When ready to serve, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until it forms stiff peaks. Garnish as desired.
I use the stand mixer with the whisk attachment to make this step easier.
I use a piping bag fitted with a large star tip to decorate the pie with whipped cream and sprinkle a little extra grated lime zest over the top.
Serve and enjoy this delightful, super easy eggless Key lime pie!
- I beg of you to use fresh Key lime juice for the best Key Lime pie. It makes all the difference in this pie. Most grocery stores carry fresh Key limes.
- Choose plump limes that give a little when you squeeze them. They will produce more lime juice.
- Zest the limes before you juice them.
- You can use a store-bought graham cracker pie crust instead of making a homemade crust.
- You can also use a traditional pie crust, but a graham cracker crust is so easy to prepare.
- Be sure to chill the pie for at least 3 hours before serving.
- You can substitute full-fat Greek yogurt for sour cream.
- You ‘can’ use regular lime juice or bottled Key lime juice, but the flavor will be slightly different.
- You can use store-bought whipped cream instead of homemade whipped cream.
- If using graham crackers, pulse them in a food processor until crumbs are formed.
Yes. This pie will keep well for 48 hours in the fridge. I recommend not garnishing with whipped cream until ready to serve. The whipped cream can weep after it sits for a bit.
Cover the cooled pie tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Yes, but don’t garnish the pie with whipped cream. Wrap the pie tightly with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil. Freeze for 1 to 2 months for the best quality. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Citrus Dessert Recipes
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2- 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh key lime juice (about 15-20 key limes)
- zest from 2 key limes
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix until combined. Press crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes at 350F degrees. Cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling.1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime juice, and key lime zest until smooth.2- 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup fresh key lime juice, zest from 2 key limes
- Pour into prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes, until tiny bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Place pie on a wire rack to cool. Once cool chill for at least 3 hours.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread the whipped cream on top of chilled pie as desired. Garnish with additional key lime zest.1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract