Delicious easy one-hour orange rolls are so light and fluffy! And in one hour? Yes! These rolls are super soft and fluffy with the perfect amount of fresh orange flavor. Tired of cinnamon rolls? Give these orange rolls a try.
Try our Bread Pudding!
Easy One-Hour Orange Rolls
How to make quick and easy one-hour orange rolls
In the bowl of an electric whisk together the warm water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter, and yeast. Allow to proof for 15 minutes.
With the dough hook attached add the salt, eggs, and 5 cups of flour and mix for 10 minutes. Add just enough flour for the dough to pull away from the bowl. Do not add too much flour! Turn the mixer off and allow to rest for another 10 minutes.
While the dough is resting prepare the filling. In a small bowl mix together the softened butter, sugar, and orange zest.
Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a 12×16 inch square. Spread the filling to within 1/2″ of the edges. From the long edge roll the dough up into a tight log, pinch the seam to seal together.
Cut the dough log into 12 large rolls and place the rolls in a lightly buttered 9×13 baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Let rise 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Remove from the oven and let cool slightly while you prepare the orange glaze.
Mix together the powdered sugar, orange zest, vanilla, and enough fresh orange juice (3 tablespoons or more) to make it spreading consistency.
Spread or drizzle the orange frosting over the rolls.
Slice and serve these soft and fluffy Easy One-Hour Orange Rolls!
Check out our Sandwich Bread recipe!
Orange Sweet Rolls Recipe
Easy One-Hour Orange Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons regular yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, slightly beaten
- 5-6 cups bread flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (about one large orange)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice (or more)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together water, buttermilk, granulated sugar, melted butter, and yeast in a bowl. Allow to proof for 15 minutes.
- With the dough hook attached add the salt, eggs, and 5 cups of flour and knead for 10 minutes. Only add just enough of the remaining 1 cup of flour to make the dough pull away from the sides of the bowl. DO NOT ADD TOO MUCH FLOUR. They will be dense and tough.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
While resting prepare your Filling:
- In a small bowl mix together 6 tablespoons of softened butter, sugar and orange zest.
- Roll dough out on to lightly floured or greased surface into a 12 x 16-inch square. Spread the filling over the dough leaving about 1/2″ along the edges. From the long edge tightly roll up, pinch to seal the seam. Cut into 12 large rolls.
- Place rolls in a lightly buttered 9×13 baking dish, cover with parchment paper. Let rise for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400F, while rising.
- Bake at for 15-20 minutes. You made need to tent with foil if they start to get too brown before done baking.
- In a medium-size bowl mix together the powdered sugar, orange zest, vanilla and enough fresh orange juice to make desired consistency to spread. Spread or drizzle over the warm rolls.