One Pan Roasted Chicken and vegetables are super easy and oh my, delicious. My family this chicken and veggies dish.
It may be simple but it’s delicious enough to serve to dinner guests. The discussion at our dinner table was how we were going to sneak someone else’s extra crispy chicken skin without being caught.
My daughter requests the carrots from this recipe regularly. They come out so sweet and tender.
One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
How to make One Pan Chicken Thighs and Veggies
Roasted chicken and vegetables is a chop, drop, and roast sheet pan dinner. Quick and easy prep, nothing is better than that, right?
Chicken thighs are the key here, they come out very moist, tender and the skin is extra crispy.
This dish roasts for an hour and a half, so breast pieces won’t work here they will dry out too much.
No one wants dry chicken. So save the chicken breast for another recipe.
Toss to coat the potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic cloves with the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in the pan first.
Then move the vegetables around to make room for the chicken thighs.
Rub the chicken skin side is up. Place in the oven and roast.
After about an hour and a half, test the temperature to make sure the chicken is cooked. Should read 165ºF. The vegetables should be fork tender.
Healthy roasted chicken and vegetables that put a smile on everybody’s face.
Tender, moist chicken thighs with flavorful perfectly roasted potatoes and carrots.
This recipe will become a go-to in your home, as well, I promise.
One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
One Pan Roasted Chicken & Vegetables
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 6-8 Potatoes cut into quarters or halves
- 5-6 Carrots cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 Onion cut into quarters
- 15-20 Garlic cloves whole
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary fresh, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. ( I use heavy-duty foil)
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes & carrots with a scrubber and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Also, pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels.
- Toss the potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic cloves with the oil and seasonings in the pan first. Then move the vegetables around to make room for the chicken thighs. Rub the chicken thighs around in the seasonings to coat. Make sure chicken thighs are placed skin-side up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
[timer seconds=0 minutes=20 hours=1]CLICK HERE TO START TIMER[/timer]
- If the potatoes and chicken thighs are soft and easily pierced with the fork they are ready. If the chicken and potatoes have not browned up as much as you would like, turn the broil setting on the oven and broil for 5 minutes. (all ovens are different)
More Delicious Recipes
adapted from letthebakingbegin