Honeydew margaritas are a perfectly refreshing way to cool off this summer. Fresh, crisp, and delightfully tasty! Sweeten up that standard lime margarita with a honeydew melon puree. You will cool down in no time!
This honeydew melon margarita is extremely simple. Puree 1/2 honeydew melon in your blender or food processor. I used the food processor because I don’t have one of those lovely high-powered blenders. Add your favorite tequila, fresh lime juice, and little orange liquor. You can add some simple syrup or agave nectar if your honeydew was not sweet enough for your taste.
Give it a shake or stir and pour over ice. We did not strain the pulp out of the honeydew puree. We like it, but if you don’t feel free to strain away. (The pictured glasses are a medium size 14 ounce, not small cocktail glasses.) Viola, honeydew melon margaritas are summer in a glass! This recipe is intended for adults 21+ only who know how to drink responsibly.
- 1/2 honeydew melon, chopped & pureed (20oz of puree)
Ingredients per serving
- 1- ounce silver tequila (or more)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 splash orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup (optional)
- Coarse sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, puree chopped honeydew melon until smooth.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker or large glass. Add tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, simple syrup and a few ice cubes.
- Pour a couple tablespoons sea salt into a shallow bowl. Rub rims of cocktail glasses with lime wedges and dip in salt to coat. Fill glasses with ice.
- Shake or stir the mixture in a cocktail shaker or glass until very cold and well mixed.
- Strain (or not) into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Cookieandkate