Chicken burrito bowls are loaded with healthy fresh flavors that are to make at home.
Mexican rice topped with spicy chicken, black beans, corn, lettuce and/or any toppings you like.
There is no need to go to Chipotle! Stay in, save money and enjoy a way more flavorful meal at home.
Check out our Street Tacos!
Chicken Burrito Bowls
Plan ahead and use our Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken recipe. It’s an easy dump and set recipe you can use in all sorts of Mexican recipes. This chicken is chock full of flavor!
Rub the boneless skinless chicken breasts with olive oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Feel free to use chicken thighs as well.
Add the salsa, brown sugars, green chilies, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, oregano, adobo sauce, salt, and pepper to the crock pot.
Prepare a batch of our easy Mexican Rice.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice and cook until golden brown.
When rice is golden brown, add the stock, tomato sauce, salt, garlic, cumin and pepper to the pan.
Stir and cover the pan. Let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Until rice is cooked through. Salt and pepper to taste.
Or try it with our Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe!
Prep all the other toppings.
To make the sour cream sauce: mix sour cream, lime, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Drizzle the cream sauce over the top and serve.
Mix it up, try some pico de gallo, shredded cheese, diced jalapenos, a squeeze of lime juice, etc.
This easy Chicken Burrito Bowl is healthy and fresh tasting. What’s great about it too is you can choose your own toppings.
This would be perfect for a crowd. Just set it up buffet style and let everyone build their own bowl.
Our Strawberry Shortcake would be great for dessert!
Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Mexican Rice
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 15.25 oz whole kernel corn, drained 1 can
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed 1 can
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (we used orange bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Sour Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the slow cooker Mexican chicken.
- Prepare the rice about 40 minutes before mealtime.
- To make the sour cream sauce: mix sour cream, lime, and salt. Set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Drizzle the cream sauce over the top and serve.