Honey Sriracha Wings
These honey sriracha chicken wings are a great way to switch up wing night at home.
This recipe is sticky, slightly sweet, a little spicy, and loaded with flavor.
Never give up buffalo wings but when you crave something different give this recipe a try. It’s an easy recipe and is ready in about an hour.
How to Cut Whole Chicken Wings
I swear by fresh wings these days. They aren’t loaded with extra water that takes a lot of time to cook out and they crisp up much faster. Plus you save money cutting them yourself. A sharp knife is your friend in the kitchen!
Just spread the wings out and cut at the joints. I place the flapper parts in the freezer for making homemade stock.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the wings with salt and pepper, if desired.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also place them on a wire rack if desired.
Bake the wings for 45 minutes.
While the wings are baking prepare the honey sriracha sauce.
In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sriracha, and sesame oil, and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Make a thin paste with the cornstarch and water and then add it to the sauce when it boils. Turn it down and stir till it thickens. Set aside.
At the 45-minute mark, remove the wings from the oven, and place them in a large bowl. Pour about 2/3 of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly. Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until desired browning has occurred. (We broil ours for about 3 minutes)
Remove them from the oven and place the wings with the remaining sauce together in a bowl and toss. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Enjoy these sweet and spicy chicken wings with loads of napkins!
More Delicious Recipes
- The Secrets To Amazing Smoked Chicken Wings Every Time
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Cajun Smoked Wings That Will Blow You Away
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings, raw
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season the wings with salt and pepper, if desired. (Be careful with the salt.) Lay out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sriracha and sesame oil, and bring them to a boil. Make a thin paste with the cornstarch and water and then add it to the sauce when it boils. Turn it down and stir till it thickens. Set aside.
- At the 45 minute mark, remove the wings from the oven, place in a large bowl and toss with about 2/3 of the sauce. Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until desired browning has occurred. (We broil ours for about 3 minutes)
- Remove them from the oven and place the wings with the remaining sauce together in a bowl and toss.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from Family Fresh Meals
Those look delicious! Pinned for the future!
Thank you, Jan! I hope you enjoy the recipe. 🙂
We love your Honey Sriracha Wing recipe and can’t wait to try it! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
Thank you, Miz Helen!
These look absolutely amazing!! I love a great chicken wings and with the Asian flare it’s perfect for me!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing on My 2 favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you again tomorrow!! Pinned!!
These look delicious and not really hard to make. Thanks for sharing on Let’s Get Real Friday Party. #LetGetRealSocial.
Thank you, Karen! They are a great switch up from regular buffalo wings.
First off, these look so delish! I have yummed and pinned so I won’t lose the recipe. Got to try these. Second, why have I never thought about cutting my own wings? LOL DUH! I always buy the frozen and sometimes the store is out, never did I think about buying a couple packs of fresh wings!
LOL Nikki, the fresh wings are so much better than frozen. Give them a try I promise you won’t regret it. They are so ridiculously easy to cut yourself. 🙂
Honey AND sriracha????? Yes please! I didn’t get to make them yet, but I am soon! I’ll be featuring these as one of my additional features tomorrow at You Link It, We Make It! Hope to see you back for the party. Pinning!
Thank you so much for featuring my wings, April! Dropping by the party in just a few minutes!
I love sriracha and honey! What a fantastic combination. These wings look awesome
Us too! Thank you for coming by, Karyl!
I wish people would wait until they try the recipe to leave a comment. It’s nice to say it looks good, etc., But most people want to read your suggestions or comments on taste, ease of preparation, etc., not just chit chat because you have nothing else to do.
That being said… These wings were delicious, and very easy to prepare.