Don’t you get bored with just plain grilled chicken? We do. Switch it up a bit, try Turmeric Chicken Kebabs. I promise you won’t regret the decision.
Turmeric isn’t just for added color and a spicy kick in curries, there are many health benefits and are great for both sweet and savory dishes of all kinds, from smoothies to bread and many more! And the color! Oh, the color!
We looked into different turmeric recipes, some of which included salads, dressings, and assorted entrees, to name a few, before coming up with this chicken recipe. This chicken is simple, yet full of bold flavor. Give it a go, it’s so easy and the taste is amazing!
Try our amazing Smoked Chicken Wings!
Turmeric Chicken Kebabs
To make the marinade add the cilantro, garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, turmeric powder, brown sugar, olive oil, juice of 1 lime, salt, and black pepper to a medium-size bowl. Whisk to combine.
Cut the boneless skinless chicken breast (or chicken thighs) into 1-inch pieces.
Check out our Strawberry Shortcake!
Add the chicken to the marinade and stir to coat completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Thread the chicken pieces onto metal skewers and light that grill!
If using wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a gas grill to medium-high heat or light a charcoal fire, leaving one side free of coals. The grill is ready when you can hold your hand 6 inches over the grill for 4 to 5 seconds.
Grill the chicken for about 8-10 minutes, turning frequently until cooked through. Check for doneness by pricking with the tip of a knife.
Serve with lime wedges. The little extra squeeze on top takes these over the top.
Super easy, quick cooking, loaded with bold flavor and healthy too! Win, win!
Try our favorite Grilled Chicken Marinade!
Chicken Kebab Recipe
Turmeric Chicken Kebabs
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless (or thighs)
- 1/3 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Extra limes for wedges
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Cut chicken into one-inch pieces.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, stir to coat completely. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers, pushing them tightly against each other to form a tight, compact body of meat on the skewers.
- About 30 minutes before heating the grill, remove the chicken from the fridge and let sit at room temperature to remove the chill.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high or light a charcoal fire, leaving one side free of coals. The grill is ready when you can hold your hand 6 inches (15 cm) over the grill for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Cook the chicken for about 8-10 minutes, turning frequently until cooked through. Check for doneness by pricking with the tip of a knife.
- Serve with lime wedges.