These easy baked chicken parmesan sliders offer a delectable combination of simplicity and irresistible flavors, making them an ideal addition to any gathering, be it a lively game day or an informal get-together.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe is a triple threat! First off, it won’t break the bank – these goodies won’t empty your wallet.
Second, the taste? Ah-mazing! Prepare for flavor city that’ll make your taste buds do a happy dance.
And here’s the kicker – it’s done in less than an hour. Perfect for those ‘I need something awesome, pronto!’ moments.
It’s not just a dish; it’s a party starter, a friend-maker, a family uniter. It’s the perfect size for party food in slider form.
A simple bite-sized sandwich with melty cheese, crispy chicken, soft slider rolls, flavorful marinara, and melted garlic butter. It’s the perfect appetizer party food for the entire family!
Whether it’s a chill family night, a rowdy friend-fest, or a full-blown party bash, these chicken parmesan sliders are here to scatter fun all around.
Interested in other sliders? We got em! Check out our Meatball sliders, oven baked sliders (cheeseburger), roast beef sliders, or our pastrami and swiss sliders. All good, all easy, and all delicious!
These readily accessible ingredients effortlessly come together to create a fantastic slider, proving that simplicity can truly yield a very tasty dish that the whole family will love.
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls: The foundation of the dish, holding together all the components. They provide a soft and sturdy base for the chicken and toppings. For this recipe, we’re using King’s Hawaiian rolls, but any slider roll will do. Use your favorite brand.
Breaded Chicken Tenders: The star ingredient, delivering a satisfying crunch and savory flavor. They serve as the main protein source, creating the classic chicken parmesan taste.
Marinara Sauce: Adds essential moisture and tangy tomato flavor. It’s the signature sauce that ties all the flavors together and mimics the traditional chicken parmesan dish. By all means, use your preferred tomato sauce.
Provolone: A creamy, slightly tangy cheese that melts beautifully over the chicken. It enhances the richness of the dish and complements the marinara sauce.
Slider Roll Topping (Butter, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Parmesan Cheese):
- Butter: Creates a golden, crispy exterior for the rolls, enhancing both texture and taste.
- Italian Seasoning: Infuses the sliders with aromatic herbs, providing a touch of authenticity and depth to the overall flavor profile.
- Garlic Powder: Offers a delightful garlic kick, enriching the taste of both the chicken and the rolls.
- Parmesan Cheese: Adds a nutty, salty flavor that boosts the umami taste of the dish while also contributing to the overall texture.
How To Make Baked Chicken Parmesan Sliders
As previously mentioned, this easy chicken parmesan sliders recipe comes together fast, and the steps are easy peasy!
Cook the breaded chicken as per the package instructions.
When the chicken is done, slice the slider rolls in half in such a way as you have just the tops and bottoms as two pieces.
Place the bottom half of the rolls on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Place the chicken on the bottom of the sliders, covering well.
Add the marinara sauce to the top of the chicken, spreading evenly.
Next, layer the provolone cheese equally over the marinara sauce.
Place the tops of the rolls on top.
Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings in a small bowl.
Next, brush the butter herb mixture over the tops of the slider rolls.
Next, sprinkle the parmesan cheese (Romano cheese works just as well) all over the top.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty.
Remove the chicken parm sliders from the oven. Cut them apart using a sharp knife, serve, and enjoy the smiles.
With an affordable lineup of ingredients that dance on your palate, they’re a perfect recipe for taste and budget harmony.
Quick to assemble, they’re the go-to trick up your sleeve when time is of the essence. But it’s not just about the food – it’s a ticket to a flavor-packed party!
From family nights to friend gatherings to party extravaganzas, these sliders have got your back. They’re a fantastic fusion of simplicity, taste, and fun!
Tips and Variations
- Sweet Hawaiian rolls are SWEET. For a more savory experience, use regular slider rolls.
- Use rotisserie chicken for ease and lower calories.
- Optionally, add some chopped fresh basil to the top for a hit of herb goodness.
- For a spicer version, add some red pepper flakes to the butter mixture.
- For a cheesier slider, add an additional provolone cheese layer on the bottom of the rolls, then place the chicken down.
- You can use mozzarella cheese for these sliders instead of provolone.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders: For a spicy kick, toss the breaded chicken strips in buffalo sauce before assembling. Use blue cheese dressing or Ranch dressing instead of marinara, and add celery slices for that classic buffalo wing flavor.
Absolutely! While provolone is classic, you can experiment with mozzarella, cheddar, or even pepper jack for a unique twist that suits your taste.
Of course! Homemade breaded chicken strips will add a fresh touch. Simply coat chicken breast strips in seasoned breadcrumbs and bake until golden and cooked through
Indeed! Assemble the sliders without the toppings, wrap them individually, and freeze. When needed, reheat them in the oven, and then add the buttery topping and seasonings for that fresh-out-of-the-oven taste.
Other Tasty Sliders
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 12 rolls King's Hawaiian Slider rolls (one package)
- 2 lbs Breaded chicken breasts
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 9 slices Provolone cheese
Slider Butter Topping
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Cook the breaded chicken as per the package instructions.2 lbs Breaded chicken breasts
- Slice the slider rolls in half in such a way as you have just the tops and bottoms as two pieces.12 rolls King's Hawaiian Slider rolls
- Place the bottom part of the slider rolls on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the sliders, covering well.
- Add the marinara sauce to the top of the chicken, spreading evenly.1 cup Marinara sauce
- Layer the provolone cheese equally over the marinara sauce.9 slices Provolone cheese
- Place the top of the slider rolls on the top.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings in a small bowl.4 tbsp Butter, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Brush the butter herb mixture over the tops of the slider rolls.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese all over the top.2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty.
- Remove the chicken parm sliders from the oven. Cut them apart using a sharp knife and serve.