Alabama white sauce is a rich, creamy, and tangy barbecue sauce that’s great on grilled or smoked chicken. It also pairs well with pork, such as grilled pork chops or pork tenderloins.
What is white BBQ sauce, you ask? There are so many regional sauces that offer different flavors.
You have Kansas City BBQ sauce which is thick and, tangy, slightly sweet. You have South Carolina sauces that offer a mustard base type sauce.
In North Carolina, they’re proud of their strong vinegar-based thin sauce, perfect for a pig pick’in. There is Memphis style, Texas-style … on and on.
So what is this white barbeque sauce? Hello, Alabama white sauce!
Alabama White BBQ Sauce Video
(don’t see the video, try turning off your ad blocker)
Why You’ll Love This
- Alabama white sauce is a rich, creamy, and tangy barbecue sauce that’s great on grilled or smoked chicken. But it’s also good on pulled pork or pork chops.
- It’s simple to mix up with ingredients from your pantry and fridge!
- It’s not just for barbecue. Use as a dipping sauce for fresh vegetables, or as a salad dressing.
What is Alabama White Barbecue Sauce
Alabama white BBQ sauce was introduced by none other than Big Bob Gibson Barbecue in Decatur, Alabama. It is tangy it is peppery and it is good.
This barbeque sauce is unique because it is mayonnaise based versus tomato based. This makes it a lot more smooth and silky.
It’s good on anything, and it’s easy to make. But it is most especially delicious on a big batch of smoked chicken wings.
How To Make Alabama White BBQ Sauce
The good news is that you probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen. It’s amazing what a handful of ingredients can do!
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Onion powder
It’s so easy to make. Take the ingredients, toss them in a bowl, and mix. That’s it. The white bbq sauce is ready to go. No cooking, no blending, no nothing.
If you want it to rock, make it earlier to allow some time for the flavors to come together. In fact, I’d recommend it. At least one hour ahead of serving.
As I earlier stated, this white bbq sauce recipe goes with anything. You can use it for your ribs, smoked pork butt, pulled pork, or any kind of smoked or grilled chicken … it all works.
Store Alabama White Sauce in an air-tight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More Delicious Recipes
- The Secrets To Amazing Smoked Chicken Wings Every Time
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Smoked Keto Armadillo Eggs Recipe
- Smoked Chicken Salad
Alabama White BBQ Sauce Recipe – Elevate Your BBQ To The Next Level
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined well. Refrigerate.