Here’s just one more banana bread recipe to be put out there among the rest, but it’s a very good one!
We all end up with extra ripe bananas at one time or another, right?
I put mine in a zip-top bag in the freezer until I have enough to make banana bread. Don’t you?
Well, if you don’t you can now start saving those overripe bananas. You will be happy you did and so will your neighbors, friends, and co-workers.
Try our Pumpkin Muffins!
Moist Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe makes 2 loaves. So share one with a neighbor or co-workers.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Prepare two loaf pans with non-stick spray and parchment paper slings.
You might also be interested in our Apple Butter Bread!
This is a moist and perfectly dense bread. Some people like to add sour cream to their recipes. We like the addition of buttermilk as it adds the perfect amount of moisture.
Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream sugar, and butter.
Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add the bananas.
Add dry ingredients and the room temperature buttermilk, alternating until incorporated, ending with the dry. Do not over mix. If you like add some chopped walnuts or pecans at this point.
Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pans, dividing equally.
Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Watch carefully, all ovens are not the same.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
This texture makes it really simple to slice a piece and pop it in the toaster to warm slightly. You could also toss in a small handful of nuts if you’re so inclined.
This easy recipe has all the things you look for in moist banana bread. The texture, the denseness, and the full banana flavor all come together perfectly.
Check out our Cinnamon Raisin Bread!
Simple Banana Bread Recipe
Easy And Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 5 – 6 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare two loaf pans with non-stick spray and parchment paper slings.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar, and butter.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add the bananas.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating until incorporated, ending with the the dry. Do not over mix.
- Bake in prepared 9×5 loaf pans for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Watch carefully, all ovens are not the same.
Recipe adapted from kitchenconfidante