Cranberry orange muffins are simply the best. A sweet buttery muffin filled with tart, juicy cranberries, orange zest, and an orange glaze.
Fall is not just for pumpkin flavor. Although I’m a huge fan of pumpkin these muffins are wonderful. I just switched out the flavor profile of our blueberry muffin recipe, which we think is the most amazing muffin.
Check out our popular Sausage Balls!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
This cranberry orange muffin recipe makes 12 large muffins. I like to use jumbo muffin liners.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a standard muffin tin with baking spray or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the eggs and 1 cup of sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until thick and pale. Slowly whisk in the vegetable oil and melted butter, until combined.
Add the buttermilk, vanilla, and orange zest mix until combined.
Toss the 1 1/4 cups of cranberries with the dry ingredients. You can use frozen or fresh cranberries.
Combine the wet with the dry and gently fold just until combined. Do not overmix.
Fill the 12 muffin cups, mounding slightly, gently press the remaining cranberries into the top of each muffin.
Bake for 16-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool while you prepare the glaze.
Whisk the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the muffins.
If you drizzle with the glaze while the muffins are really hot it will just melt completely.
Let them cool to the touch.
Serve these simply delightful muffins for breakfast and enjoy! The orange flavor just pops in these beauties.
Try our most popular Bakery Style Pumpkin Muffins!
Cranberry Orange Muffin with Buttermilk Recipe
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted & cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- zest 1/2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a standard muffin tin with baking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk 1 cup of sugar and 2 eggs until thick and pale. Slowly whisk in the vegetable oil and melted butter, until combined.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla, and orange zest mix until combined. Toss 1 1/4 cup fo cranberries in the dry mix.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until combined. (careful to not over mix, it will be lumpy with some dry flour spots).
- Using ice cream scoop divide the batter among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 16-18 min.
- Let muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the muffins.
Recipe slightly adapted from Cook’s Illustrated