Chili is the perfect winter warm-up meal, right?! This is the best we have ever eaten. I know, everyone says that about their favorite recipe but I swear this is the ONE. It’s not a loose soup, it’s thick, chunky and loaded with rich flavor certain to please the entire family. It’s also perfect for game day gatherings. A one pot, easy meal that can easily feed a crowd.
Seriously, there won’t be many steps in this post. One pot, brown the meat and onions, add in the garlic and other spices.
Add in the remaining ingredients and let it simmer.
This cooks for hours but it’s worth the wait, I swear! This thick, beefy and hearty chili recipe will become your new favorite.
Serve with your favorite toppings. Cheese, sour cream, diced onions or jalapenos.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 4.5 oz can green chilies, chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- Toppings of choice: shredded cheese onions, jalapenos, sour cream, etc.
- Brown the ground beef and onion. Drain any excess fat, if desired.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, dried mustard, crushed red pepper, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and simmer on low for at least 4 hours.
Recipe inspired by Cupcakesandkalechips