Thick and Chunky Monster Cookies
Monster cookies have become a favorite in our house these days. There are always discussions about how many someone ate and how many are remaining. These cookies really are a wonderful treat. Loaded with M&M’s, chocolate chips, peanut butter, butterscotch, and oats. The oats make them healthy, right? Well, I’m going with “yes”.
These Monster cookies are not your average size cookie. They are large and oh so thick!
See! Look at that baby! So amazing! We use the mini M&M’s because we prefer the smaller crunch but if you prefer the regular size go for it. I don’t mind.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup mini M&M's candies
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar & white sugar, creaming together until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and flour, until combined.
- Then add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the oats, M&M's, chocolate chips, and butterscotch until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. (we refrigerate overnight)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- Drop heaping 1/4 cup-sized balls of dough onto the baking sheets, about 2-3" apart.
- Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cookies may appear slightly undone in the center; this is normal and they'll continue to set as they cool.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes then transfer to racks.
Recipe inspired by TheGirlWhoAteEverything