No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Bit Ice Cream
I was curious about this no-churn ice cream method. I had the ingredients on hand and decided to make no-churn salted caramel toffee nit ice cream.
I was shocked at how easy and yummy (yes I said yummy) this ice cream turned out. It made a big impression on my husband and I was quite surprised myself.
I was going to just make a vanilla ice cream but I had the other ingredients just staring at me from my cupboards. So why not, right?
Homemade ice cream without an ice cream machine, magic!
You need very few ingredients for this recipe, it’s super simple!
- Heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk – This is what makes the ice cream creamy! Do not use half and half. There is no need for sugar, the condensed milk and caramel have all this ice cream recipe needs.
- Salted caramel, toffee bits, and coarse sea salt – To flavor the ice cream.
The coarse sea salt is not pictured. I swear I will get better at this photo thing.
How to Make No-Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream
In a large bowl combine the heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk in the mixer bowl.
That is the base for making ice cream without an ice cream maker. At this point, choose the flavors you want. Such as adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract for basic or toss in some chocolate chips. The options are endless!
Beat on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, until light and creamy.
Stir in toffee bits, then slightly stir in coarse salt.
Pour the condensed milk mixture into a freezer-safe container, (I used a loaf pan) then pour caramel sauce over the top.
Drag the caramel sauce through the mixture to swirl throughout.
Cover and freeze for 6 to 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Use an ice cream scoop to serve the ice cream in a cone or a bowl. This no-churn ice cream recipe stays soft and creamy! Way better than store-bought ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wrapped tightly or in an air-tight container, it will last about a month in the freezer. I’m guessing your ice cream will be long gone for a month!
I have not tested this in an ice cream maker. Typically no churn ice cream is not made in a machine. That’s the point, right?
Are you on Pinterest? Click the button below to add this recipe to your boards.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Bit Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Combine whipping cream & sweetened condensed milk in mixer bowl
- Beat on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, until light and creamy
- Stir in toffee bits, then slightly stir in coarse salt.
- Pour into freezer safe container, then pour caramel sauce over the top
- Drag the caramel sauce through the mixture to swirl throughout
- Cover & freeze 6-8 hours, preferably overnight
Recipe adapted from kleinworthco