Homemade granola bars are a great after school snack or lunch box treat. They are super easy to make and store. I don’t care for the no-bake granola bar recipes that require refrigeration. You can’t drop them in a lunch box and expect them to maintain their integrity. They are either too hard right out of the fridge or way too soft and sticky when packed for later consumption. This recipe is slightly crunchy and slightly chewy. That’s what we consider the perfect combination in a homemade granola bar.
Homemade Granola Bars
Easy and healthy! Mix and match the fruits and nuts you prefer. I usually add what I have on hand.
Stir the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the wet and mix to combine thoroughly.
Pour into a parchment lined 9×13 baking pan, use a sheet of wax or parchment paper and firmly press, careful to keep it even.
Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
Cut into desired single serving bars.
Wrap in wax paper and store in an airtight container. So easy to grab and go!
My husband was just asking if we have any left. Oops, guess I need to make more.
Homemade Granola Bars – How to video
Homemade Granola Bars
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour*
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed optional
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Prepare a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang for handles.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mix and combine well.
- Pour granola mixture into the baking pan and press down with wax paper forming a firm packed granola, about 1 inch thick. Making sure it is spread evenly, thinner sections of the granola may overcook.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, cut into about 24 bars, wrap in parchment paper or wax paper and store in an airtight container.
Servings will depend on the size you choose to cut the bars. Per Serving
Total Fat 9.3g
Saturated Fat 3.6g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carb 33.1g
Dietary Fiber 4g
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by Blessthismessplease