Soft, chewy chocolate peppermint cookies are a classic combination of Christmas flavors sure to please. A rich, dark chocolate cookie with just the right amount of peppermint flavor drizzled with white chocolate and topped with crushed peppermint candy canes. Easy to make and the colors are perfect for Christmas cookie trays.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
In a medium bowl whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and peppermint extract, mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
Chill the dough at least 1 hour up to overnight. Preheat the oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoon) to portion the dough into balls, place on the cookie sheet about 2″ apart. Bake 8-10 minutes until the middle is set. Cool completely.
Melt the white chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon canola oil. Place in a ziptop bag, snip a very small hole from the corner of the bag and drizzle all over the tops of the cookies.
Immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top of the white chocolate drizzle. Allow the chocolate to set before storing.
Wrap in the pretty Christmas bags or tins and gift to friends and family.
Or keep them all to yourself!
Chocolate peppermint cookies just in time for Christmas.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 100% cacao cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- crushed candy canes about 4
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on until light and fluffy (about 2-3mins). Reduce speed and add the eggs and peppermint extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons), portion dough into balls and place on the baking sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the middle is set.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips according to the package instructions with 1 teaspoon canola oil. Place the melted white chocolate in a ziptop bag, snip a tiny hole in one corner and drizzle over the top of the cookies. Immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the white chocolate
- Allow to set.
More Delicious Recipes