Chocolate chip cookie bars are the easiest way to make a large batch of cookies.
A perfectly soft, chewy middle with crisp buttery edges and loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips!
Need an easy dessert to feed a crowd? This is the way to go!
Try our Peanut Butter Balls!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper that hangs over the sides for easy lifting. Spray the pan with non-stick baking spray.
In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix the melted unsalted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no lumps remain. Mix in the room temperature eggs and vanilla extract.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, reserving about 1/4 cup for the top if desired.
Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Spread and press out the dough evenly.
Sprinkle the reserved 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top and bake about 40 minutes.
Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool completely.
Once cool enough, lift out of the pan with the parchment handles and place on a cutting board. Cut into desired pieces.
This is a great recipe for those times that you need to bring baked goods.
Check out our Salted Butterscotch Pretzel Brookies!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the bars out of the pan when cool. Spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no lumps remain. Mix in the eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup for the top if desired. (It’s just for appearance, you don’t have to do this step.)
- Transfer dough to the prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the top with the reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. Test for doneness with a toothpick, if it comes out clean from the center of the pan, the bars are done. Do not overbake.
- Let the bars to cool in the pan set on a wire rack for about an hour before slicing.
- When cool, lift the bars out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into desired size serving squares.