This recipe for homemade Apple Cider Spice Mix is a close as I’ve come to my favorite commercial instant spiced apple cider mix.
Easy to make with just a few ingredients that I’m betting you already have in your pantry.
Add this instant mulling mix recipe of tangerine infused brown sugar and spices to apple cider, wine, coffee, or tea for a delicious hot winter beverage.
Makes cold days and nights warm and comforting!
Apple Cider Spice Mix
How to Make Apple Cider Spice Mix
The first thing you do is infuse the brown sugar with 2 tablespoons tangerine zest for at least 12 hours.
Place the brown sugar in an air-tight bowl or container add the tangerine zest, cover and let it sit for about 12 hours. I usually do overnight.
I do this for our Holiday Spice Flat White too, it makes a huge difference.
In a medium-size bowl mix the tangerine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, mace, and nutmeg.
Whisk to combine.
Store in air-tight containers.
Heat the apple cider until hot, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of the apple cider spice mix. Stir to dissolve.
Homemade apple cider spice mix in a jar makes a wonderful gift basket!
Just add a bottle of apple cider or a bottle of red wine such as Syrah or Malbec.
A couple of fun winter mugs, some cinnamon sticks tied together with a fun ribbon. Mix it up!
Apple Cider Spice Mix Recipe
Apple Cider Spice Mix
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tangerine zest (about 3 tangerines)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In an air-tight container mix the tangerine zest with the brown sugar. Cover and let sit at least 12 hours up to overnight.
- In a medium-size bowl add the tangerine brown sugar and spices. Whisk together and store in an air-tight jar.
To Prepare Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 cup apple cider1-2 teaspoons spice mix (depending on your taste)Heat the apple cider until hot. Stir in 1 - 2 teaspoons of spice mix and stir until dissolved. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.
We do our best to give you nutritional information as correct as possible. Please feel free to calculate for yourself.
More Delicious Recipes