These delicious Almond Joy cookies have a chewy center, crispy edges, and are loaded with your favorite candy bar flavor. A blend of sweet coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and sliced almonds.
- Dry ingredients – All-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Butter and Eggs – Room temperature unsalted butter and one large egg.
- Sugar – In this almond joy cookie recipe we use both granulated sugar and dark brown sugar.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Add-Ins – Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened shredded coconut flakes, and sliced almonds.
How To Make Almond Joy Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and mix until just incorporated.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
Use a cookie scoop to drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake on the center rack for 9-12 minutes until golden brown. Watch closely all ovens are not the same.
Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips For Making These Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Measure the flour correctly. Aerate, spoon, and swoop level.
- Don’t forget to soften the butter to room temperature
- Bring the egg to room temperature. Room temperature ingredients bond together easily, creating an even texture batter.
- Do not overmix the dough. It will produce dry hard cookies.
- For the best results bake one sheet at a time on the center rack of the oven. Let the baking sheet cool before dropping more dough. A warm cookie sheet can cause the cookies to spread too much. Prepare multiple baking sheets for this reason.
The cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Yes, you can freeze the baked Almond Joy cookies. I lay a single layer on a sheet tray and flash-freeze for about one hour. Then transfer them to zip-lock bags separated by wax paper.
To thaw the cookies remove them from the bags or containers and place them on a platter or cooling racks.
DO NOT thaw them in the freezer bags or containers. The condensation that forms while they thaw could stay on the cookies and cause them to become soggy.
Place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for about 30 minutes until hard. Place the frozen dough balls in a freezer-safe container or bag, and freeze for up to 2 months.
When you are ready to bake the cookies, remove the dough balls from the freezer for about 20 minutes or so before baking. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time. Keep an eye on them, you don’t want them to burn.
More Easy and Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Monster Cookies
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
- Italian Butterball Cookies
- Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Crispy Gingersnap Cookies
- Italian Fig Cookies (Cucidati)
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes, sweetened
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (more if desired)
- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract and mix until just incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar mixture and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and almonds.
- Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake on the center rack for 9-12 minutes. Watch closely, all ovens are not the same and the can brown very quickly.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.