These delicious Almond Joy cookies have a chewy center, crispy edge, and loaded with your favorite candy bar flavor. A blend of sweet coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and sliced almonds.
Almond Joy Cookies
Ingredients you will need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter softened
- Granulated Sugar
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Large Egg, room temperature
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut Flakes
- Almonds, sliced
How To Make Almond Joy Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and mix until just incorporated.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
Use a cookie scoop to drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake on the center rack for 9-12 minutes until golden brown. Watch closely all ovens are not the same.
Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips For Making These Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Don’t forget to soften the butter to room temperature
- Bring the egg to room temperature. Room temperature ingredients bond together easily, creating an even texture batter.
- For the best results bake one sheet at a time on the center rack of the oven. Let the baking sheet cool before dropping more dough. A warm cookie sheet can cause the cookies to spread too much. Prepare multiple baking sheets for this reason.
How To Store Almond Joy Cookies
The cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Can You Freeze Almond Joy Cookies
Yes, you can freeze the baked Almond Joy cookies. I lay a single layer on a sheet tray and flash freeze for about one hour. Then transfer them to zip-lock bags separated by wax paper. To thaw the cookies remove them from the bags or containers and place them on a platter or cooling racks. DO NOT thaw them in the freezer bags or containers. The condensation that forms while they thaw could stay on the cookies and cause them to become soggy.
More easy and delicious cookie recipes!
- Monster Cookies
- Italian Butterball Cookies
- Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Crispy Gingersnap Cookies
- Italian Fig Cookies (Cucidati)
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Easy Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes, sweetened
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (more if desired)
- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract and mix until just incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar mixture and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and almonds.
- Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake on the center rack for 9-12 minutes. Watch closely, all ovens are not the same and the can brown very quickly.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.