Need an easy and fast meal for those busy weeknights? This soup comes together in 30 minutes.
This Tuscan white bean soup is a great go-to recipe. It’s hearty, warm and totally satisfying. So simple and full of comforting flavors.
My family loves this soup, even my carnivore husband. Soup with beans recipes is great for easy, quick, comfort meals on busy nights.
Try our Tomato Basil Soup!
Tuscan White Bean Soup
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, add the onion, carrots, and celery. Saute about 4 minutes
Dump the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, bay leaf, and rosemary. Saute another 1 minute.
Pour in the vegetable broth or chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
Throwing in a parmesan rind will add another layer of nutty flavor. I don’t always have rind on hand.
Add the kale and simmer another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the bay leaf, use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup. Leave some chunks of beans and vegetables. If you don’t have an immersion blender, remove a couple of cups of soup to a blender or food processor, puree then pour back into the pot.
Easy, quick and completely satisfying Tuscan White Bean Soup with Kale! You can’t go wrong with this soup.
Tuscan White Bean Soup Recipe with Kale
Tuscan White Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 28 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 2 – 14-ounce cans
- 28 oz diced tomatoes with juices 2 – 14-ounce cans
- 3 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, bay leaf and rosemary. Cook another 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring the contents to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup, leaving some chunks of beans vegetables for texture.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve topped with Parmesan
Recipe inspired by thewanderlustkitchen