Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Bowl is unbelievably good! Spicy Thai rice noodles loaded with chicken and vegetables, tossed in a slightly sweet and spicy sauce. We made it even quicker using pre-cooked Thai rice noodles. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal. So tasty you will blame us for future cravings.
Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Bowl
Prep the vegetables and chicken. Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside. Heat the olive oil and saute the chicken. Remove the chicken to a plate, heat another tablespoon of oil and add the mushrooms. Saute about 3-4 minutes. Add the peppers and carrots, saute another 4 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and saute about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken back to the skillet, toss together and cook another minute until warmed through.
Add the pre-cooked rice noodles, give a toss. Stir in the sauce and cook another 2-3 minutes until the sauce comes to a boil, add the green onions and toss. Taste for salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
Garnish with fresh lime wedges and serve. Easy, peasy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup carrot ribbons
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 14 oz Thai rice noodles, pre-cooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- Extra chopped cilantro, green onions, and lime wedges for serving.
- chopped peanuts (we prefer it without peanuts)
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the mushrooms, saute about 3-4 minutes until starting to brown, add the sliced peppers, carrot ribbons and cook for an additional 3 minutes until the peppers begin to soften. Add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and toss together.
- Add the pre-cooked noodles, toss then pour the sauce and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes until the sauce comes to a boil. Add the green onions.Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Garnish with additional green onions, cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
- Serve with a lime wedge and enjoy.
You can add chopped peanuts if you like. We just prefer it without them.
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 13%
Saturated Fat 1.2g 6%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 51mg 19%
Sodium 582mg 25%
Potassium 692mg 15%
Total Carb 67.6g 23%
Dietary Fiber 3.5g 13%
Vitamin A 111% · Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 5% · Iron 14%
*Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe inspired by JoCooks