Oh my, are these pecan pie bars sublime! WARNING before you read any further they are highly addictive. I dare you to eat just one and walk away.
A yummy shortbread crust topped with a buttery, nutty pecan pie layer! I don’t think I can even convey how delicious they taste.
Skip the pecan pie this year and make these easy delectable pecan pie bars.
Try our Bread Pudding!
Pecan Pie Bars
How to make the Best Pecan Pie Bars
My sister-in-law introduced these sinful treats to us a few years ago. I just had to share this recipe with you all.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with a parchment paper sling.
In a food processor combine the confectioners’ sugar, flour and salt together give it a few pulses to blend.
Gradually add the 16 tablespoons of unsalted butter and vanilla, giving it a few pulses. Mix just until combined.
Pat the crust ingredients in the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a rack while preparing the pecan layer.
In a medium-size heavy-bottomed saucepan add the 11 tablespoons of butter, honey, cream, orange zest, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. Melt until the sugar is dissolved, stir in the chopped pecans.
Spread the pecan filling evenly over the crust and bake for another 25 minutes.
Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before slicing into serving squares. You want to be sure the filling is set.
Buttery shortbread crust makes this pecan bar way better than the traditional pie, I think. But I’m a huge shortbread fan. I promise if you love pecan pie you will adore these bars!
Pecan pie transformed into finger food, now that’s dangerous.
Try our easy Banana Bread recipe.
Pecan Pie Bars with Shortbread Crust Recipe
Pecan Pie Bars
- 2/3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest finely grated
- pinch of kosher salt
- 4 cups pecans chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or prepare a 9×13 baking pan with a parchment paper sling.
- For the crust, pulse the confectioners’ sugar, flour, and salt together in a food processor. Gradually add 16 tablespoons of the softened butter and vanilla extract using pulse mode. Mix until just combined. Don’t over process it will make the crust tough.
- Pat the crust into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- For the pecan pie layer, melt the 11 tablespoons of butter, honey, cream, orange zest, and brown sugar together until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans.
- Spread over prepared crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe from The Local Palate