Lemon veggie pasta salad is the perfect Spring and Summer side dish! Loaded with colorful, crisp vegetables and tossed with a light, tangy, fresh lemon dill vinaigrette. Time to use those leftover vegetables.
Lemon Veggie Pasta Salad
Who doesn’t love a delicious pasta salad?
Cook the pasta according to package instructions to al dente, in salted water.
While the pasta is boiling, prep all the vegetables.
Place the broccoli in a colander. Drain the pasta water over the broccoli.
Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over the pasta and toss to prevent sticking while it cools. Place the cooled pasta and vegetables in a very large bowl.
Prepare the tomatoes, olives, green onions, mushrooms, peppers, and peas. Place in a very large bowl, set aside.
Prepare the pasta salad dressing. Place olive oil in a small mixing bowl. Whisk in lemon juice until emulsified. Whisk in the garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat evenly.
Cover and allow the flavors to combine for at least 30 minutes. This dish is great freshly made or chilled.
Add some red onion if you like. My family does not like the bite of raw onion so I omit (most of the time).
Lemon vegetable pasta salad is a perfect covered dish to bring to any gathering or potluck.
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
Lemon Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 6- ounce jar whole pitted Calamata olives, drained
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- 8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mini sweet bell peppers, sliced (about 5)
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 2 broccoli crowns)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
For the Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons (just over 1/2 cup)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare noodles according to instructions on the package, in salted water.
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets. Place in a colander and when noodles are done drain over top of broccoli.
- Prepare the tomatoes, olives, green onions, mushrooms, peppers, and peas. Place in a very large bowl, set aside.
- Drain the pasta (as stated above), add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss to prevent sticking. Cool to room temperature.
- Place olive oil in small mixing bowl. Whisk in lemon juice until emulsified. Whisk in the garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss well to coat evenly. Allow the flavors to combine for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve room temperature of chilled.
Recipe inspired by FoodCuration