Honey ginger lemonade is not only crisp and refreshing it’s also healthy. Easy to make and store in the fridge. Just fill a glass with ice and sip away. Fresh, lightly sweet and tangy drink great for any time of the year.
Just some of the benefits of adding ginger to your diet:
Helps to Relieve Digestive Issues
Fights Colds and Flu
A Natural Anti-Inflammatory
Improves Blood Circulation
Lowers Blood Pressure
Relieves Menstrual Cramps
Speeds Up Your Metabolism
Strengthens Immune System
*Disclaimer – I am not a doctor or registered dietitian. I do not claim to cure any cause, condition or disease. I do not provide medical aid or nutrition for the purpose of health or disease and claim to be a doctor or dietitian.*
Honey Ginger Lemonade
Add the ginger slices and honey to the water and steep for 15-20 minutes.
Fill a 2-quart pitcher with ice, strain the ginger honey mixture over the ice. Add the lemon juice and fill the remainder of the pitcher with water.
If you prefer it a little sweeter just add more honey. This lemonade is so good it received the seal of approval from my teenage daughter. I have to fight her for the last serving.
- 2- inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup boiling water
- Juice of four lemons about 2/3 cup
- Ice and water
- In a large glass measuring cup, microwave the water until boiling.
- Add the ginger pieces and honey to the boiling water. Stir well until the honey is dissolved, cover and let steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the ginger is done steeping, fill a two-quart pitcher with ice, strain the liquid into the pitcher, and add the lemon juice. Fill the rest of the way with water, and stir well.
Recipe inspired by Gourmandeinthekitchen