It’s that time of the year to start making all the Holiday treats.
I had never made toffee before, ever! I was nervous about getting it just right, but I didn’t need to be. This recipe turned out perfect the very first try! So don’t sweat the recipe go ahead and give it a try. You won’t regret it.
This toffee was so decadently delicious it will be hard to share. I received major praise for this treat and you will too!
Try our Peanut Butter Balls!
I find it easier to use this type of gadget to chop my nuts. They stayed contained and don’t fly all over my kitchen.
Prepare a jelly roll pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Combine the butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan.
Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, cook over medium to medium-high heat until 285 degrees (soft crack stage). Around 20-25 minutes. The mixture should turn a light brown/caramel look.
Because of my apprehension with this recipe, I used a candy thermometer and the ice trick. I just happen to have a candy thermometer but you could just use the ice.
When the candy has reached the correct temperature it hardens immediately upon hitting the ice.
Handy trick, right?
Remove from the heat and quickly pour into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let them soften and then spread the chocolate evenly with an offset spatula over the toffee. I used semi-sweet but you can use dark chocolate or milk chocolate, your choice.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans while chocolate is still warm. Press the pecans down slightly into the chocolate.
Let the toffee cool completely (room temperature) until hard, then break into pieces.
Store in an airtight container.
I promise this is an easy recipe to impress your friends, family, and guests during the Holidays! I halved the original recipe.
Check out our Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce!
Easy English Toffee Recipe
- 2 sticks Butter (must be BUTTER)
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 8 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- Prepare a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine the first four ingredients. Stirring constantly, cook over med to med-high heat until 285 degrees. Around 20-25 minutes. The mixture should turn into a light brown/caramel look.
- Pour into the prepared jelly roll pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let chocolate chips soften and then spread all over the toffee. Sprinkle with chopped pecans while chocolate is still warm. Press the pecans down ever so slightly into the chocolate.
- Let cool until hard, then break into pieces.
Recipe from madefrompinterest