Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro Dip
This creamy jalapeno cilantro dip was shared with us by a good friend and neighbor. We have been making this for years and absolutely love it.
The only thing we changed was to use fresh jalapenos and serranos instead of canned. This change makes it much more fresh tasting.
Fresh, creamy, spicy, and addictive! We make this year-round but it’s great for those game day parties.
Try our Shrimp Salad!
Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro Dip
It’s super easy to make and a big hit at gatherings.
Seed and chop the fresh jalapeno and serrano peppers. I highly recommend latex gloves for this process. Leave the seeds if you enjoy it really spicy.
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. No large chunks.
This creamy jalapeno cilantro dip is best after allowing the flavors to come together for a few hours. Or better yet, overnight!
It makes a great sauce for our Sheet Pan Beef Nachos or Chicken Burrito Bowls.
The longer it sits the spicier it becomes, be warned.
From what I understand it’s almost a copycat of Chuy’s creamy jalapeno dip. I wouldn’t know, we have never been. Sad, right?
Check out our Spinach Dip!
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy! If you prefer not to use the fresh peppers try this recipe from WhoNeedsACape.
Jalapeno Dip Recipe
Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro Dip Recipe
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2-3 fresh Jalapeño peppers, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1-2 fresh Serrano peppers, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1-1 oz. package of dry ranch dip mix
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to allow the flavors to combine. (It’s even better overnight.)
- Enjoy as a chip dip, salad dressing, or sauce.