Apple Butter Bread
Fall is creeping up on us. Although it’s not coming fast enough for me. It is still 90 degrees and miserably hot! I wanted to make something with what is remaining of my apple butter. You know, because I’m planning on making more come apple season. So I found an Apple Butter Bread recipe to try. It was a hit! Actually, it made me wish for Fall all the more. It’s full of Fall flavors and so comforting with a cup of coffee. Or however, you would eat it.
Next, I’m baking my Pumpkin Bread. Don’t tell, but I also bake it all year. Yes, I know I have a problem with all things Fall, pumpkin and Christmas.
Who doesn’t love apple butter? Ok, so maybe one person out there doesn’t but in my house we love it! So why not incorporate it into a bread. Or cake.
You know the drill, right? Whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl. Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and some of the buttermilk. Add half of the dry mixture, then the rest of the buttermilk. Ending with the remaining dry ingredients. Stir in the apple butter, pour into prepared pan and bake.
Allow the bread to cool completely.
Drizzle on the glaze. Or not it’s your choice.
Slice and eat. That’s it. We hope you enjoy this, we certainly did!
Apple Butter Bread
For the Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup apple butter
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice water or milk is ok too
- Preheat the oven to 350.Prepare a 9 X 5 loaf pan with baking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and half of the buttermilk. Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in the bowl. Beat, and then add the rest of the buttermilk. Beat again, and then add the rest of the flour mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Stir in the apple butter until the batter is an even color.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes, checking the center with a toothpick that comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool and turn it out of the pan before glazing.
- To make the glaze mix together the juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake and let it run down the sides. Let the glaze set, slice, and serve.
Recipe from sugardishme