Slow cooker 15 bean soup is hearty, filling, and full of fiber. It’s the perfect cold weather meal.
I love a meal you can toss in the crock pot and let it go for hours without having to fuss over the pot. We always freeze our leftover ham bones to use in soups like this one.
You can find the 15 bean soup mix in the dry bean aisle at the grocery store.
Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup
Rinse and sort beans. Cover with water and soak the beans overnight. Just toss the seasoning packet in the trash.
The next morning chop the vegetables.
Add the ham hock, beans, celery onion, bay leaves, garlic, thyme, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker.
Set and cook on low for about 8 hours or until the beans are tender! Or cook on high for 4 – 5 hours. Not all slow cookers cook the same, so that cooking time might vary.
That’s it, and dinner is ready! Serve and enjoy! This soup was a big hit at our house.
Ham and bean soup is just one of those comfort foods everyone loves!
Slow Cooker Bean Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 ham bone (use leftover from your Holiday Ham)
- 20 oz package 15 Bean Soup (remove seasoning packet)
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 cups vegetable stock or chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Remove ham bone and pull the meat off the bone.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add ham back to soup and stir.