Sausage hashbrown breakfast casserole is one the easiest way to feed a crowd. It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. You can also make it the night before and refrigerate until the next morning.
We love breakfast. I mean, we really love breakfast! But with the normal daily grind sometimes it’s not easy or even feasible to be able to sit down every day for your standard breakfast feast.
This is why Sunday is OUR day for breakfast. Yes, you can do some scrambled eggs. You can do some french toast with sandwich bread. You can even do cereal. These are all just fine.
But since we usually only do this once a week we like it to be more than just grab and go. That doesn’t mean 2 hours in the kitchen either.
If you have some frozen hash browns, some breakfast sausage, a little red pepper and onion you have about all you need to throw this delicious casserole together.
This sausage breakfast casserole with hashbrowns is the PERFECT breakfast for those who want, no … who need that big breakfast with all the flavors in quick fashion.
Sausage, hash browns, eggs, and cheese are all your favorite breakfast foods baked in one dish.
Try our Sausage Balls!
Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
Cook the sausage and bells peppers. When almost cooked through toss in the green onions.
In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt, and pepper.
Add the shredded hash browns, cooked sausage mixture, cheese, and mix to combine.
Pour into the casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. This is when you can cover and refrigerate overnight. Or bake at 350º for 55-60 minutes.
Serve and enjoy a stress-free breakfast with your family and guests.
This breakfast casserole gives you all your favorite breakfast items together in one dish and anybody who has a piece will be back for more.
Check out our Strawberry Shortcake!
Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 cup bell pepper we use red and/or yellow
- 1 cup green onions diced (about 5-6)
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 cups frozen hash browns shredded
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese shredded (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish, set aside.
- Cook the sausage and bell peppers until the meat is cooked through and the peppers are softened.
- Add the green onions, mix and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and ground mustard. Add in the hash browns, 2 cups pepper jack cheese, and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Or cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning remove the baking dish from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before baking, follow baking instructions.
Recipe inspired by TasteOfHome