Deviled potato bites are like a potato salad in bite-size form. Great side or appetizer for any party or barbecue! Easy to prepare and even better, they can be made ahead. Aren’t they just more appealing than potato salad in a bowl? So cute!
Deviled Potato Bites
These little deviled baked potatoes are the answer to summer entertaining!
Drizzle the small red potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and bake on a rimmed baking sheet at 350ºF for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool at least 15 minutes. Cut each in half and carefully scoop out the potato pulp, leaving the skins intact. Place the pulp into a large bowl. (You could boil them but we really like the crispy skins from baking.)
Place the skins back onto the baking sheet and bake another 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
Mash the potato pulp to the desired consistency. I like to leave little small chunks of potatoes, not too mushy. Mix in the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, capers, fresh dill, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Carefully spoon the filling mixture into the potato skins.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for later consumption.
Deviled Potato Bites
- 1lb small red potatoes (about 15 potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place potatoes in a small bowl or directly a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt; toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet, and bake about 40 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a toothpick. Remove from oven, and cool 10 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half crosswise. Carefully scoop out potato pulp leaving the skins intact. Place pulp in a medium-size bowl.
- Place shells, cut side up, back on the baking sheet, and bake another 10 more minutes. Cool completely.
- Stir together potato pulp, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, chives, dill, capers, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Carefully spoon the filling mixture into each potato skin.
More Delicious Recipes