Chicken lettuce wraps are a weeknight DREAM. It’s super fast and easy. Plus simply delicious!! I doubled this recipe (my sister came to visit) and it worked perfectly. Why eat out when you can make this at home tonight.
You will make this easy chicken lettuce wrap recipe a weekly meal! It’s so easy and comes together in under 30 minutes.
- Ground chicken – You can also use ground turkey or ground beef. Just keep in mind the flavor won’t be the same.
- Garlic and onion
- Water chestnuts – They give a nice crunchy texture.
- Green onions
- Hoison, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, and sriracha – You can use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
With the use of ground chicken and pre-diced water chestnuts, most of the work is done for you. We have made lettuce wraps by dicing our own chicken breasts and I promise using ground chicken is way easier.
What Kind of Lettuce Do You Use for Lettuce Wraps?
- Butter lettuce
- Romaine lettuce
- Green leaf lettuce
- Iceberg lettuce
- Boston lettuce
How to Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps Like PF Chang’s
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha until onions become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of the lettuce leaves. We eat these just like they are made without anything else. But you could serve them with fried rice, steamed rice, or Vegetarian Hot and Sour Soup.
Healthy, quick, easy, delicious, and a great recipe my family loves!
Toppings and Variations
Although this recipe is a copycat and tastes like PF Chang’s lettuce wraps you can make your own toppings.
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded cabbage
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
Leftovers and Storage
Store leftover chicken filling in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store the lettuce separately.
More Delicious Recipes
- Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Gyros
- Smoked Chicken Salad
- Recipe For Asian Meatballs
- Delectable Crispy Chicken Teriyaki Thighs Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger or 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha or more, to taste
- 8 oz diced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 – 4 green onions thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce iceburg, romaine (your choice) lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha until onions become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf.
Recipe adapted from damndelicious