Healthy Marinated Fresh Vegetable Salad
Healthy Marinated Fresh Vegetable Salad - Quick and easy to make-ahead! Healthy, crunchy, fresh vegetables tossed in a vinaigrette make this salad recipe ideal for your 4th of July gathering.
For the salad:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into bite-size pieces (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces red or orange will also work)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Add the vegetables to a large bowl.
To make the vinaigrette
Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives, dry mustard, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until combined. (you can also whisk these ingredients in a small bowl)
Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables, toss to coat evenly.
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight. (overnight is best)
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 548mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7676IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg