Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad
Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad - A light no-cook meal or side dish perfect during the summer months. Loaded with ripe, juicy, flavor-popping tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- 1 pint Mini Kumato tomatoes
- 1 pint Zima tomatoes (yellow)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella – Bocconcini or Ciliegine ( small round mozzarella balls)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt coarse
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Slice larger tomatoes in half. I used a combination of different tomatoes. But use whatever you like. Slice mozzarella balls in half. You want tomatoes and mozzarella to be similar in size. Place in a large bowl.
Add the parsley and basil to the tomatoes and mozzarella, gently toss until combined.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss to coat evenly.
Let sit 15 minutes before serving so the flavors combine.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 567mg | Potassium: 458mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1875IU | Vitamin C: 25.7mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 0.8mg