Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans - Simmered in molasses makes these Boston Baked Beans dark, sweet and rich in flavor. Tastier than canned beans any day!
- 46.5 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed 3 15.5 oz cans (or Great Northern Beans)
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Place the drained and rinsed pinto beans in the slow cooker crock. Add the bacon and onions.
In a medium-size bowl mix the molasses, maple syrup, coarse ground mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, brown sugar, pepper, salt, garlic, and apple cider vinegar.
Pour the sauce over the beans, onions, and bacon. Stir to combine.
Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, stirring occasionally. During the last hour of cooking remove the lid to allow the sauce to thicken.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 769mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 3mg