Creamy Herb Potatoes Gratin
Creamy Herb Potatoes Gratin - Rich, creamy, flavorful potatoes gratin. Elegant enough for parties yet simple enough for everyday meals!
- 4 medium Russet potatoes (4 or 5)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice potatoes very thinly, 1/8" thick. Layer the potatoes in buttered 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish, lightly salting each layer.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. When melted, add diced onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the minced garlic and saute another 30 seconds, until fragrant.
Add the cream cheese to the sauce and stir to melt. Pour in cream, milk, herbs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Heat another 1 or 2 minutes.
Pour the cream sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly. (if your potatoes are thicker than 1/8" you will need to add more baking time)
Allow potatoes to cool 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 1mg