Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Bowl
Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Bowl - Spicy Thai noodles loaded with chicken and vegetables. Unbelievably good!!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup carrot ribbons
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 14 oz Thai rice noodles, pre-cooked
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- Extra chopped cilantro, green onions, and lime wedges for serving.
- chopped peanuts (we prefer it without peanuts)
Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the mushrooms, saute about 3-4 minutes until starting to brown, add the sliced peppers, carrot ribbons and cook for an additional 3 minutes until the peppers begin to soften. Add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
Add the chicken back to the skillet and toss together.
Add the pre-cooked noodles, toss then pour the sauce and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes until the sauce comes to a boil. Add the green onions.Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Garnish with additional green onions, cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
Serve with a lime wedge and enjoy.
You can add chopped peanuts if you like. We just prefer it without them.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1062mg | Potassium: 742mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4672IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg