Kale and Bean Salad
Kale and Bean Salad - An easy nutrient-rich kale and bean salad dressed with a tangy citrus vinaigrette. My version of the Long Life salad.
- 1 large bunch fresh kale cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup canned lima beans rinsed and drained well
- 2 cups spiralized beets*
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups lentils cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Cook the quinoa and lentils according to the package directions.
For the dressing: whisk all the dressing ingredients together or shake in a mason jar.
Clean and chop the kale into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
Add the black beans, lima beans, spiralized beets, quinoa, and lentils to the bowl.
Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat, add remaining dressing if desired.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to soften the kale.
*I found fresh spiralized beets at the grocery store. You can cut beets into matchsticks or omit.
*This makes a ton of salad, perfect for lunch prep.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1120IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 4mg