French Carrot Salad
A healthy side dish full of fresh, delicious carrot flavor.
- 1 pound carrots peeled
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice from one lemon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons honey depends on the sweetness of the carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 finely sliced green onions
Grate the carrots in a food processor and transfer to a salad bowl. Add the parsley.
In a small bowl combine the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, vegetable oil, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 19173IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg