Lemon Veggie Pasta Salad
Perfect spring and summer side dish! Loaded with colorful, crisp vegetables and tossed with a light, tangy, fresh lemon dill vinaigrette.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 6- ounce jar whole pitted Calamata olives, drained
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- 8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mini sweet bell peppers, sliced (about 5)
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 2 broccoli crowns)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
For the Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons (just over 1/2 cup)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Prepare noodles according to instructions on the package, in salted water.
Wash and cut broccoli into florets. Place in a colander and when noodles are done drain over top of broccoli.
Prepare the tomatoes, olives, green onions, mushrooms, peppers, and peas. Place in a very large bowl, set aside.
Drain the pasta (as stated above), add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss to prevent sticking. Cool to room temperature.
Place olive oil in small mixing bowl. Whisk in lemon juice until emulsified. Whisk in the garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss well to coat evenly. Allow the flavors to combine for at least 30 minutes.
Serve room temperature of chilled.