Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
Greek Pasta Salad - A light, fresh, flavor-packed salad perfect for summer or any time of the year! Great to feed a crowd.
- 12 ounces mini penne pasta
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped 1 can
- 1/2 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed/cracked
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic cloves, dried oregano, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously to combine.
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse in cold water. This stops the cooking process and also keeps the pasta from becoming gummy and clumping together.
Toss the cooled pasta with 2 teaspoons of sun-dried tomato oil (from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes).
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, artichoke hearts, green bell pepper, red onion, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese.
If serving immediately use all of the vinaigrette. If making ahead pour 2/3 – 3/4 of the vinaigrette over and toss to coat evenly.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 783mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 722IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg