Tuscan White Bean Soup
Tuscan White Bean Soup - An easy vegetarian 30-minute meal. So warm, satisfying and healthy!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 28 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 2 - 14-ounce cans
- 28 oz diced tomatoes with juices 2 - 14-ounce cans
- 3 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute for about 4 minutes.
Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, bay leaf and rosemary. Cook another 1 minute.
Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring the contents to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the kale and simmer another 10 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup, leaving some chunks of beans vegetables for texture.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Serve topped with Parmesan
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1244mg | Potassium: 1106mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7259IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 6mg