Classic Apple Crisp
Classic Apple Crisp - Thinly sliced cinnamon-spiced apples baked to perfection and topped with a sweet crunchy oat crumble. Easy to make and a no-fuss way to apple pie flavors.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 4 large apples (peeled, cored, and thinly sliced) (I used 2 large Granny Smith and 2 large Honeycrisp)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar (1/2 -3/4 cup depending on the sweetness of your apples)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Butter an 8x8 baking dish set aside.
In a large bowl combine the apple slices, lemon juice, vanilla, dark brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons of flour. Toss to evenly coat all the apples.
In a medium-size bowl combine the butter, oats, flour, dark brown sugar, and salt. Cut the butter into the other ingredients with a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly.
Spread the crumb topping evenly over the apples.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the apples are soft and tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg